5.15.2008

Thank you Thali #2



A big thank you to Suganya ,Archana Nandita and Tee for making my thali this week! I loved the Eggplant Pumpkin Curry from Suganya of Tasty Palettes not only for its unusual combination but for its great flavors. Gujarati Dal is familiar to me, but I loved the Gujarati Dal from Archana of Archanas Kitchen with its delicate cinnamon flavoring.

I also made Pumpkin Dhansaak from Nandita of Saffron trail and Bharli Vangi (Stuffed Eggplants) from Bhatukli. Unfortunately I donot have any pictures of these two. I loved both these recipes too. The pumpkin dhansaak defintely was tastier the second day around, I would add more pumpkin next time around.

I apologise that my pictures of your dishes donot do justice to them, but I wanted to serve them hot at dinner. I usually do my blog photography at lunch so that H. my husband does not have to suffer cold food.

7 comments:

Suganya said...

MS, I am delighted to see your thali. Your curry looks better than mine, with big chunks of eggplant and pumpkin. You said it right, the flavours are unusual, but surprisingly wonderful. Thank you for trying it out :).

FH said...

WOW! You are making some great choices for your thali! Enjoy! Loved the hazard warning!:)

Jayashree said...

Lovely thali....I've been eyeing that Dhansak for a while...it's still on my to-try-list.

Tee said...

Your thali looks delicious! Thanks for trying out my recipe and i am glad you enjoyed it as much as we do in our family :)

Mansi said...

that thali looks inviting MS! loved it:)

Anonymous said...

That is such a lovely idea - a thank you thali :) thanks for trying out and liking the dhansak
!

Srivalli said...

MS..that thali looks yummy!...great choice to prepare them...picture looks very nice indeed...:)