1.02.2009

Announcing JFI Chickpea

Here's wishing everybody a very happy new year! I just woke up to the new year to find that I almost missed my hosting duties for JFI.JFI is a monthly online food event focusing on natural and Indian ingredients started by Indira of Mahanandi. And Indira is back too - yay!

I am just in time to announce JFI Chickpeas. Now before you start throwing stones and rotten tomatoes at me, just consider - Chickpeas are much much more than the ubiquitous chana masala or chole that you have suffered through every Indian restaurant in the US. You have a whole rainbow of colors within the humble chickpea - the brown desi chana, the white kabuli, the green fresh chana, the yellow split form and of course the ground gluten free flour version, the basis for very yummy sweets.

Prepare a dish highlighting Chickpeas and write about it in your blog in the month of January 2009. No limit to the number of entries you can send. Non bloggers can email the recipe along with a picture of the dish.

Send an email to mspresqueATyahooDOTcom with JFI:Chickpea in the subject line. Please include the following information in your email:
--Your blog name
--Name of the entry
--URL of your post

Your post should have a link to this announcement.

I will also come up with a logo within the next couple of days.

30 comments:

Sunshinemom said...

Great timing - I made sumthing but not taken pics yet!! Will send it soon:) Happy New Year!

Siri said...

Lovely choice ms. Will surely send something ur way :))

Happy new year 2009

Cheers,
Siri

Unknown said...

Chickpeas Excellent ! count me in.. Will make something new...:)

TNL said...

Great choice, I think! I'll send mine along. Happy New year.

Anonymous said...

Nice event. Can we send in old entries?

ms said...

hi aparna, entries are due only by January 31st- It would be great if you could come up with something new! thanks for your feedback

Anonymous said...

nice choice..i am in ! :)

Anonymous said...

Love Chickpeas. Great ingredient for Jihva, ms.
Happy new year to you and family, and congratulations on the new home.

Neha said...

"ll try to send something , nice choice...
Happy new year..

Raaga said...

I sprouted chana for the JFI sprouts... and now will send to your event ;-)

Happy new year.

Sharmi said...

can I send this
http://neivedyam.blogspot.com/2009/01/corn-puttu-and-kadala-curry.html
pls let me know!

ms said...

Hi sharmi, that would be a great entry for JFI Chickpea. Thank you!

ms said...

Sunshinemom, Siri, Madhu, Trupti,Kalpana, Indira, Neha, Raaga - thank you very much for affirming your participation. This is going to be so much fun!

Padmajha said...

Hi MS,Just prepared something with chickpea!!Will surely send it in..got a few in the archives..can we repost?

vidhas said...

Hi, nice event count me in. I have prepared one , and i have some archived too, shall i send it.

suvi said...

Hi, I absolutely adored your cakeworks! It is beautiful. I love baking and decorating, do drop by my blog sometime.

Chitra said...

Hi
very healthy title:)will surely participate!!Do visit my blog at ur free time.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I Just sent in my entry via mail.. Can I send in more if I cook up something?

Preety said...

will send you my entry soon

TBC said...

Hope you've received my entry...just sent it across.

ms said...

Hi TBC & Preety,
Ive just left a comment on your respective blogs and replied via email. Thank you very much for your participation in JFI Chickpea! best ms

Navita (Gupta) Hakim said...

hi...first time here...chick pea are my favourite...so will send something for sure dear. :)

Vaishali said...

Chickpeas are my favorite legume (and I love them all!), so I'm definitely in for this one.

Anonymous said...

Sent in another entry:-)

Archana said...

Will send in an entry for sure...love chickpea in all its various forms...Great idea for JFI

Anonymous said...

HI...came to this via sunshinemom's blog and I too have an entry to send to the event :) shall soon send it!
Thanks and Regards
Sahaja

Adlak's tiny world said...

hi nice event.. count me in jus come to know abt it... let me prepare fresh and send u soon.

Sunshinemom said...

Lucky for me that you came across, MS! I had two for you all linked up and not sent (maybe). Will do it now!

Dershana said...

Nice event! First time at your blog. Sending you my entry. :-)

rumela lony said...

I love chickpea. This chickpea looks like a really good entry to JFI Chickpea. I really like the opportunity that hosting JFI gives me to meet new bloggers. thank you for shearing your post. Happy new year.